General ManagerThank you for your interest in a career with The Haven Center.
We are only looking to fill a General Manager position at this time, but are accepting resumés for all future positions.
Please send resume and cover letter to: Chris.Havencenter@Gmail.com
General Manager, Medical Marijuana Dispensary – South Eastern Ma.
The Haven Center Inc, a non-profit medical marijuana organization, is looking for a talented and qualified General Manager at our dispensary locations in South eastern Ma.. We at The Haven Center Inc are committed to providing an advanced level of professionalism and integrity in the medical marijuana industry. We are committed to providing patients access to safe, high quality medicine in a beautiful and safe environment. We are committed to working only with talented and passionate individuals who wish to operate a dispensary according to superior professional standards, while providing true compassion to the patients for whom they serve.
As the General Manager of The Haven Center Inc, you will be responsible for providing strategic direction for the dispensary, maintaining the day to day operations, and driving results, all while exemplifying and executing on the company’s values and culture. The General Manager is responsible for creating an environment that ensures the highest standards of patient care, the highest standards of compliance, and maximum productivity and efficiency by translating and implementing company strategies, policies, and procedures. As the public face for the organization, your duties will include interviews and public engagements; you should be able to succinctly communicate the organization’s values to a broad audience. You should be equipped to handle a level of complexity and scrutiny that do not exist in most other industries.
The ideal candidate will be professional, resourceful, hardworking, efficient, fast, and detail oriented. He or she will show grace under pressure and have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, intense, and dynamic work environment.
You will begin by hiring an all star operations team, orienting and developing that team, and getting the dispensary open, up and running. The GM will be an integral member of the executive management team and report directly to the Executive Director.
Hospitality and/or retail management experience is required. Any former military experience will be given strong consideration. Applicants must be able to read a balance sheet and income statement and understand cash flow statements and other basic financial forms. This dynamic individual should be adept at Microsoft Excel and Word, email applications, and general computer use, able to seamlessly multitask and aim for 100% accuracy.
This list of duties is intended to identify the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties are listed is not significant.
• Represent the organization’s mission to elected officials, media, and the general public
• Ensure legal compliance
• Develop and maintain a safe environment for all patients and staff
• Hire, manage and develop staff on an ongoing basis
• Create, run, and analyze management reports and use performance metrics to ensure patient satisfaction and efficient operations
The General Manager reports directly to the company’s Executive Director.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or related experience
• Ten (10) years experience in retail and customer service
• Five (5) years experience in retail management
• Three (3) years experience in a General Manager role
• Three (3) years minimum experience with P&L responsibility
• Advanced math and computer skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Passion to serve people with debilitating conditions
• Able to maintain a current Dispensary Agent Registration ID Card issued by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health
o All dispensary agents are required to be at least 21 years old;
o No dispensary agent can have been convicted of a felony drug offense in the Commonwealth or another state, the United States or a military, territorial, or Indian tribal authority; and,
o All candidates must qualify for a dispensary agent registry ID card issued by the MA DPH per the application process set forth by DPH.
Preferred Skills & Abilities
• Prior experience within the medical marijuana and/or health-related educational/professional backgrounds
• Experience in restricted access retail venues
• Former military experience
• Interest and aptitude for the healing arts
Please combine a cover letter, resume and three professional references into a single PDF document and submit by email to Chris.Havencenter@gmail.com The subject line of the email should read: “APPLICANT: General Manager – [your first and last name]”.
Qualified candidates should expect to pass:
- A background check and DMV check if driving
- Proficiency tests for basic computer skills, MS Excel, MS Word, and Outlook
- Several rounds of interviews